Acrylic / PMMA (Polymethyl Methacrylate)
Recplas is a specialist recycler of Acrylic which we purchase from scrap dealers and factories across Europe.
You can be confident that with Recplas you are dealing with an Acrylic recycling specialist. We will not be beaten on price or service for this high-value material. As the biggest exporter of sheet scrap PMMA in the UK we have constant strong demand all forms of PMMA scrap.
Our high proportion of re-use of PMMA allows us to offer superior prices and a lower environmental footprint.
You will know PMMA (Acrylic) under many brand names including Plexiglas, Lucite, Perspex and Acrylite, Altuglas (Arkema) and Optix (Plaskolite).
Common uses of PMMA are:
- Sign and display – CNC offcuts, sheet scrap, redundant signs etc. (we buy with or without LDPE)
- Retail point of display hardware – shelving etc. – boxed, palletised, shredded or granulated
- Pipe, tube, sheet offcuts and swarf
- Car light covers / lenses – loose granulated, baled etc.
- Optical lenses – granulated shredded or baled
PMMA is mostly used in the form of extruded sheet where it dominates the sign and display industry.
Most of the PMMA we handle is derived from UK and European sign-makers and POS equipment producers.
We purchase and recycle Acrylic in all forms, and from all manufacturers, traders and scrap dealers across Europe.